The best way to get involved is to make a personal commitment against distracted driving. Read tips on how to prevent distracted driving.
Establish a safe driving policy that includes driving at the workplace. Your organization's driving policy should state:
- Use seat belts at all times. Let other workers ride with you only when the vehicle has a seat belt for each person.
- Always drive within the speed limit.
- Do not drive if you are fatigued.
- Be familiar with the maintenance procedures for all vehicle systems.
- Communicate to staff and volunteers that a violation of the organization's driver safety policy is as serious as (and has similar consequences to) a violation of safety policy on the organization's premises.
- Do not drive while using a cell phone.
Let Your Voice Be Heard
Contact your local and national congressmen and representative and let them know about your concerns regarding distracted driving. Click one of the links below to find local and national contact information.
- Find Your National Congressman
- Find Your State Representative