How Can I Prevent Distracted Driving?
Limit interaction with passengers
- Avoid talking while driving
- Avoid taking your eyes off the road
- Keep both hands on the wheel
Avoid driver fatigue
- Stay focused on the road
- Don’t daydream
- Don’t drive if you are tired
- Share driving responsibilities on long trips
Don’t drive when angry or upset
- Emotions can interfere with safe driving. Wait until you have cooled down or resolved problems to drive.
- Avoid slowing down to look at a crash or other activity.
If you need to use your cell phone when driving
Pull off the road and stop in a safe place before using your phone.